- For the paste:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 or 3 green chillies
- 3 teaspoons of minced root ginger
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 6 heaped tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Other ingredients
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 200g snow peas or green beans
- 200g baby corn
- 400ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 300g cooked or raw tiger prawns
Preparation methodPrep: 20 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
Add all the paste ingredients into a food processor and blend to form a thick smooth paste or chop all the paste ingredients very finely and mix to blend.
Heat the oil to very hot in a wok and stir fry the beans and baby corn for 40 seconds.
Add the curry paste and then the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
Turn down the heat slightly and simmer the curry for 5-7 minutes to reduce the consistency.
Add the prawns and stir for 3-5 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick add some water. If it's too thin, reduce for a couple of minutes over a moderate heat.
Serve immediately over hot fluffy jasmine rice.