- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 can bamboo shoots sliced
- 3 tbspred curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 freshred chili, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cupThai sweet basil leaves (bai horapah), torn
- 2 tbspfish sauce(nam pla)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsppalm sugar
- Thai sweet basil leaves(bai horapah) for garnish
Wash the chicken, slice diagonally into 1/2 cm thick, 3 cm wide and 3 cm long pieces. Thinly slice the bamboo shoots (if not already sliced).
Pour 1 cup of coconut milk into a wok. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Add thecurry paste, stir until red oil comes to the surface. Add the chicken and saute until it turns white and is cooked through.
Add the remaining coconut milk, follow with the bamboo shoots. Season with fish sauce, sugar, and salt and bring back to a boil. Sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves, chilies, and sweet basil leaves.