Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Colavita olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine, chicken or beef stock
- 400g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 400g dried short pasta
- Flaked parmesan, to serve
- 500g minced beef
- 25g sliced salami, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
For meatballs, place all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Form tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls.
Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or stock and simmer until reduced by 1/2. Return meatballs to pan with tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add meatballs and sauce and toss to combine, then serve scattered with flaked parmesan.